MANGALITZA FRIENDS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MANGALITZA FRIENDS

A forum for owners and enthusiasts of Mangalitzas in France and abroad, to share experiences, and to share their knowledge with others. We hope that by spreading the word we can help to promote and increase the numbers of these wonderful animals.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hello Friends! Bonjour Amis!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Katie
Admin
Katie

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Hello Friends!         Bonjour Amis! Empty
PostSubject: Hello Friends! Bonjour Amis!   Hello Friends!         Bonjour Amis! EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 1:49 am

Good morning Friends!

I looked out of the window this morning to see white frost everywhere. I feel so sad for the pigs at the moment, having had nothing but rain for weeks, and now it is so cold. I think the Mangalitza's are doing better than any of the pigs at the moment with their wonderful curly coats. I ran my fingers through Onslo's hair yesterday and underneath all that fury protection his skin was lovely and warm.

The fields here are like thick custard or sludge, and not only are we having to modify the interiors of their housing, we are also adding arcs onto the existing ones in order to give them a longer drier entrance before they get to their bedding, in an attempt to protect their straw. If they can have a dry warm nights' sleep that will make all the difference for them I hope.

I had a phone call from someone yesterday who bought piglets from us last spring, and they are so worried about the mud and how to make the living area for their Saddleback pigs better. I suggested that they construct something like a patio/decking area outside the arc to give them some firm footing. It could be made with pallets which in France you can collect free of charge from some of the Agriel stores or DIY stores – example Pont Vert/Bricomarche. Pallets that have been modified so that their feet cannot slip through the gaps could be a cheap way to provide them with a firm surface. Apart from concreting the areas, does anyone else have any other suggestions?

On a small scale concreting is an option, but for larger enterprises like our own, it would not be cost effective at the moment.

Well good luck to everyone and their pigs. For our Friends in Finland, I assume all you have to cope with is snow? Your Mangalitza's are perfectly designed for that of course. Or do you get the awful rain that the rest of us here in France and the United Kingdom have had to suffer?

Have a good day everyone and enjoy your pigs!

Kate pig santa

Bonjour Amis!

J'ai regardé par la fenêtre ce matin voir la gelée blanche partout. Je me sens si triste pour les cochons, ayant eu actuellement rien mais la pluie pour les semaines, et maintenant c'est si froid. Je pense que le Mangalitza réussissent mieux que n'importe quel des cochons actuellement avec leurs manteaux bouclés merveilleux. J'ai couru mes doigts par les cheveux d'Onslo hier et au-dessous de toute cette protection de fureur sa peau était belle et chaude.

Les champs voici aime la crème ou la vase épaisse, et sont non seulement nous devons modifions les intérieurs de leur logement, nous ajoutons aussi des arcs sur l'une existante pour leur donner une plus longue plus sèche entrée avant qu'ils obtiennent à leur literie, dans une tentative pour protéger leur paille. S'ils peuvent avoir un sommeil des nuits chaud sec qui fera toute la différence pour eux j'espère.

J'ai eu un appel téléphonique de quelqu'un hier qui a acheté des porcelets de nous le printemps dernier, et ils sont si souciés de la boue et comment faire le secteur vivant pour leurs cochons de Saddleback améliorer. J'ai suggéré qu'ils construisent quelque chose comme un secteur de patio/decking hors de l'arc pour leur donner quelque fondation d'entreprise. Il pourrait être fait avec les palettes qui en France vous pouvez recueillir gratuitement de certains des magasins d'Agriel ou des magasins de DIY – Pont Vert/Bricomarche d'exemple. Les palettes qui a été modifié pour que leurs pieds ne peuvent pas glisser par les écarts pourrait être une façon bon marché pour les fournir avec une surface ferme. En dehors de concreting les secteurs, a-t-quelqu'un d'autre aucunes autres suggestions ?

Sur un concreting à petite échelle est une option, mais pour les plus grandes entreprises comme notre propre, il ne serait pas du rapport coût-efficacité actuellement.

La bien bonne chance à tous et leurs cochons. Pour nos Amis dans Finlande, je suppose tout vous devez faites face à est la neige ? Votre Mangalitza est parfaitement conçu pour cela bien sûr. Ou obtenez-vous la pluie terrible qui nous ici en France et le Royaume-Uni a dû souffre ?

Avoir un bon jour tout le monde et apprécier vos cochons !

Kate pig santa
Back to top Go down

Hello Friends! Bonjour Amis!
Page 1 of 1