MANGALITZA FRIENDS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MANGALITZA FRIENDS

A forum for owners and enthusiasts of Mangalitzas in France and abroad, to share experiences, and to share their knowledge with others. We hope that by spreading the word we can help to promote and increase the numbers of these wonderful animals.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Lonely Mangalitza pig needs friend -Any pigs available in Brittany?

Go down 
+2
Katie
itchyscratchy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
itchyscratchy

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Lonely Mangalitza pig needs friend -Any pigs available in Brittany? Empty
PostSubject: Lonely Mangalitza pig needs friend -Any pigs available in Brittany?   Lonely Mangalitza pig needs friend -Any pigs available in Brittany? EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 3:04 am

Please take a look at our Mangalitza here - he's called Bob and arrived at our farm in France at the end of June 2008.
http://www.merrylegsfalabellas.com/im-telling-you-its-a-pig/

He's very lonely.... we took him on the basis that we had booked a baby Mangalitza to join him, after 3 1/2 months the youngster, although it must now be about 5 months old.. still hasn't turned up. .

As I don't think the breeders are ever going to let us have our other pig - I don't know why, but there is always some reason why its not ready - I am appealing to anyone in the Brittany area of France who might have a Mangalitza boy we could have as a companion for our Bob. The companion will have to be a castrated male as we don't intend to breed and we don't want a female to go running off looking for a wild boar mate!

Our Pig is rotated through our ponies paddocks and is never left on sour land. Once he has finished his work his pen is moved, the land is harrowed and reseeded and we start again! Currently Bob is on his own in a small orchard..he is however let out with the ponies every night to play...

Please contact me if you know of anyone who can help.. we are in total dispair for Bob and would never have bought him if we'd known he would be alone for so long......we have considered a kuni but think that Bob might squash one....
Back to top Go down
Katie
Admin
Katie

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Lonely Mangalitza pig needs friend -Any pigs available in Brittany?   Lonely Mangalitza pig needs friend -Any pigs available in Brittany? EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 3:17 am

Welcome to the Forum.

I delivered your little man at the weekend to Carole. He is just settling after his long journey, and then he will be ready to go - fear not! He is 12 weeks old and is castrated and just waiting to meet Bob although he will need a bit of 'me time' with you and a gentle introduction to his new friend since he is oh so much smaller.

I love your horses, they are beauties, and have your link on our website actually for others to see. Hoping to see the little man on there shortly. What are you going to call him by the way.

Looking forward to hearing more about you all.

Kate pig
Back to top Go down
itchyscratchy

PostSubject: Oh thanks so much... hope is not lost!   Lonely Mangalitza pig needs friend -Any pigs available in Brittany? EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 4:43 am

Thanks Katie - I was just so concerned about Bob - the little one wil be called Marc (Bolan?) as Bob is named after Bob Marley... I suppose I must just sit tight and wait for someone to ring me then? - I will move Bob today so there is more room for the little one and then sit tight....

Glad you like the horses they love it here - ! Whats your website out of interest?
Back to top Go down
Katie
Admin
Katie

PostSubject: Re: Lonely Mangalitza pig needs friend -Any pigs available in Brittany?   Lonely Mangalitza pig needs friend -Any pigs available in Brittany? EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 4:48 am

I have put you on the Mangaltiza website - www.mangalitzas.webs.com/
on the 'HOME AND AWAY' section.

I have had some lovely comments from people when they have looked at the horses and Bob.

I hope you don't mind Question

Kate pig
Back to top Go down
barry

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Lonely Mangalitza pig needs friend -Any pigs available in Brittany?   Lonely Mangalitza pig needs friend -Any pigs available in Brittany? EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 6:29 am

Hi itchyscratchy
Glad we had the conversation earlier, what a great name for the little one, and thanks again for understanding the situation of why it has all taken so long.
See you Thursday
Also welcome to this forum

Barry
Back to top Go down
ferme gronïng

ferme gronïng

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Lonely Mangalitza pig needs friend -Any pigs available in Brittany?   Lonely Mangalitza pig needs friend -Any pigs available in Brittany? EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 7:43 am

welcome...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ferme-groning.com
smiffy

smiffy

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Lonely Mangalitza pig needs friend -Any pigs available in Brittany?   Lonely Mangalitza pig needs friend -Any pigs available in Brittany? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 4:41 pm

warm welcome
Back to top Go down
http://northmoor-rarebreeds.com/index.html
carole

Number of posts : 93

PostSubject: Re: Lonely Mangalitza pig needs friend -Any pigs available in Brittany?   Lonely Mangalitza pig needs friend -Any pigs available in Brittany? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 6:14 am

Hi from me too, pics of Bob and the little one would be great

Carole
Back to top Go down
http://www.mangalitzas.webs.com
itchyscratchy

PostSubject: Re: Lonely Mangalitza pig needs friend -Any pigs available in Brittany?   Lonely Mangalitza pig needs friend -Any pigs available in Brittany? EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 3:56 am

Well 'wonky' yes that's his name - h was to be called Marc but it was 'Wonky' at first sight! - You can see pics of his arrived here - under 'Not another pig!' http://www.merrylegsfalabellas.com Thanks so much to Carole, Barry and of course Katie who bred this little chappy!
Back to top Go down
Katie
Admin
Katie

PostSubject: Re: Lonely Mangalitza pig needs friend -Any pigs available in Brittany?   Lonely Mangalitza pig needs friend -Any pigs available in Brittany? EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 6:01 am

He is absolutley lovely. It made me all well up, what lovely pictures.

I love the name by the way and glad Bob is happy to.

Give them both big kisses from me!!

I love you I love you I love you I love you

Kate
Back to top Go down
carole

Number of posts : 93

PostSubject: Re: Lonely Mangalitza pig needs friend -Any pigs available in Brittany?   Lonely Mangalitza pig needs friend -Any pigs available in Brittany? EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 1:22 pm

Sharon,
Iam so happy all has worked out well and Bob certainly looks as though he is enjoying his little friend.He is a darling!!!!!, and yes wonky is a better name!!!!
They are fantastic pictures and please let me know how things progress- maybe you will have a different colour one next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carole
Back to top Go down
http://www.mangalitzas.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lonely Mangalitza pig needs friend -Any pigs available in Brittany?   Lonely Mangalitza pig needs friend -Any pigs available in Brittany? Empty

Back to top Go down

Lonely Mangalitza pig needs friend -Any pigs available in Brittany?
Page 1 of 1