MANGALITZA FRIENDS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MANGALITZA FRIENDS

A forum for owners and enthusiasts of Mangalitzas in France and abroad, to share experiences, and to share their knowledge with others. We hope that by spreading the word we can help to promote and increase the numbers of these wonderful animals.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Our dream in Normandy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Katie
Admin
Katie

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Our dream in Normandy Empty
PostSubject: Our dream in Normandy   Our dream in Normandy EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 2:14 am

Our Rare Breeds have become such a big part of our life now, and are so important to us, that our dream is to share them with as many people as possible. To that end we have lots of planning to do, and lots of targets to meet, but in the end, we want to open our 'doors' and let the public in.

Our Mangalitzas are already our special attraction with visitors that just randomly arrive. Some do not believe that they are pigs at all. People arrive feeling very afraid of the pigs, since their only contact, if ever, would be the indoor intensive farms, so to be able to handle and pet a 300 kilo pig is so far reaching to most, that it would seem an impossible thing to do. But, here on our little farm our pigs love to be tickled and rubbed and adoured. To see the face of a small boy the other day, shreaking with delight at the sight of small piglets running around his feet was wonderful, and has become perhaps my insparation to really push forward our dream of sharing that experience with so many more people.

Through our websites, we are already touching people and stimulating their interests, and the Mangaltizas are really getting people excited.

The wonder of the World Wide Web - it is quite fantastic isn't it?

So watch this space and see where our dream takes us flower

Kate pig
Back to top Go down
Aulimaija

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Our dream in Normandy   Our dream in Normandy EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 10:57 am

We have also opened our doors to visitors and people seem to be very excited about our animals. Mangalitzas are most peoples favourites pig
Back to top Go down
http://www.laurilan.net/laurila/
DonnaK

DonnaK

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Our dream in Normandy   Our dream in Normandy EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 4:00 am

It's very strange how things change. When we first arrived here our first priority was the house & then renovate the barn for B&B and to keep a couple of pigs per year for fattening. We've only been here a year but boy have things changed!
We loved looking after the pigs so much, that we decided we would like to breed them, then came the chickens followed by the Ouessant sheep and last but not least the horses!
Now I dream of opening ours doors too, to allow visitors to see the animals we keep & they can pet them and feed them if they want etc, I haven't voiced this out loud yet to my OH as we haven't even finished the house!! but it's something I would love to do.
Donna
Back to top Go down
ferme gronïng

ferme gronïng

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Our dream in Normandy   Our dream in Normandy EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 5:54 am

hello, I too have a strong conservative with old race in addition to the dairy mare, I Pool Gournay, of Jacobs sheep, geese Norman, cows soon Highlands and soon I hope my couple of mangalitza. qulque you can see photos of my pets on my site www.ferme-groning.com
fredrik
Back to top Go down
http://www.ferme-groning.com
carole

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Our dream in Normandy   Our dream in Normandy EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 6:00 am

Fredrik

What a lovely web site, also nice to see some Fjord ponies, I too keep them. They are half sisters and are aged 23yrs and 24 years old.

Carole
Back to top Go down
http://www.mangalitzas.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our dream in Normandy   Our dream in Normandy Empty

Back to top Go down

Our dream in Normandy
Page 1 of 1