MANGALITZA FRIENDS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MANGALITZA FRIENDS

A forum for owners and enthusiasts of Mangalitzas in France and abroad, to share experiences, and to share their knowledge with others. We hope that by spreading the word we can help to promote and increase the numbers of these wonderful animals.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

HELLO from Normandy!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Katie
Admin
Katie

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-09-20

HELLO from Normandy! Empty
PostSubject: HELLO from Normandy!   HELLO from Normandy! EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 5:35 am

Hi everyone - John and I moved to Normandy about five years ago, and in the last three years our smallholding of rare breed pigs has grown. We have Tamworths, Saddlebacks, GOS, Potbellies and soon to be arriving a pair of female weaner Kune Kune's. We have had our Swallowbellies for about eighteen months now and of course it was love at first sight!

They came from Britanny originally, and it is there that the French story really began with this wonderful breed of pig. Carole and Barry will have their own story of their journey with their Mangalitzas to tell us all later I am sure, but it is with them that the breeding process started.

We had our first litters recently - Rose had a healthy litter of five, but unfortunately Violet her sister wasn't so fortunate and all of her litter died. She was unlucky to hit the cold spell, and gave birth outside her arc, and the cold was too much for the little ones. It was very sad for all of us.

Our journey is only just beginning with this breed, but our hope, with our friends Carole and Barry, is to get this breed 'out there'and noticed, and really get the numbers up here in France. There are so few of us here, that we hope, through this forum, to be able to be part of the larger Mangalitza community in other countries.

Kate pig cheers
Back to top Go down
DonnaK

DonnaK

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-09-22

HELLO from Normandy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELLO from Normandy!   HELLO from Normandy! EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 9:57 am

Hello Kate,

Thank you so much for the invite to join flower I wish you all the very best with the launch of your new site, of which I shall be a loyal member bounce
Back to top Go down

HELLO from Normandy!
Page 1 of 1