MANGALITZA FRIENDS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MANGALITZA FRIENDS

A forum for owners and enthusiasts of Mangalitzas in France and abroad, to share experiences, and to share their knowledge with others. We hope that by spreading the word we can help to promote and increase the numbers of these wonderful animals.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hello from Bulgaria

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gofarmer

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Hello from Bulgaria Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Bulgaria   Hello from Bulgaria EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 2:51 am

Hi!

My name is Rachel and I live in Central Bulgaria. I used to live and help out on a farm with my former partner. My parents have sheep in Cumbria. I have always been animal mad and now have 5 rescue dogs and a cat here in Bulgaria. I would love to have pet pigs, some small, different breed. Looked at Kune Kune's when in UK and nearly bought some at auction. Would love to have more of a smallholding here in Bulgaria as I have the land but EU rules and regulations unsure at the moment. Looks like they will ban the keeping of livestock within village boundaries and I want my animals at home near me.

These Mangalitza pigs look gorgeous. So cute!

But here in Bulgaria we only seem to have the large normal pink pigs.

But if originally from Hungary and areas around there, maybe not too hard to source???

Rachel
Back to top Go down
http://www.gofarmer.com
Katie
Admin
Katie

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bulgaria   Hello from Bulgaria EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 9:55 am

Racheal

Welcome to Mangalitza Friends. You are our first international member and we are so pleased to hear from you.

Let me do a bit of investigating for you - I am sure we can locate some Mangalitzas for you - they have to be in the heart of your country! As for local by laws etc, hopefully you can find a way around them, because they are great pigs. I am picking up a couple of Kune Kune weaners at the end of October to add to our vast collection of rare breeds. I will post pics when they arrive.

I hope you will continue to look in on the forum and I am really looking forward to hearing more about you.

Kate cheers pig
Back to top Go down
gofarmer

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bulgaria   Hello from Bulgaria EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 10:40 am

Thanks. Are you getting your Kune Kune's from somewhere in France or the UK?
Back to top Go down
DonnaK

DonnaK

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bulgaria   Hello from Bulgaria EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 11:49 am

Hi Rachel,

Hello & Welcome!

Mangalitzas are so friendly, I first saw them on the web, a while ago now. They are so very friendly & look so sweet with their curly coat. I will soon be the proud owner of a Swallowbelly female she is from Carole in Brittany. I must say while the others look really cute Swallowbellies are my favourite. They have such a gently sweet nature & my last one was very friendly & would follow me everywhere if he could. He loved his food & was definately the leader of the pack pig

Look forward to reading more of your posts.

Take Care Donna
Back to top Go down
Katie
Admin
Katie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bulgaria   Hello from Bulgaria EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 4:51 pm

Rachael

The Kune Kune's are coming from Normandy - if you are interested I can put you in touch. Two for 160 euros.

Kate pig
Back to top Go down
gofarmer

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bulgaria   Hello from Bulgaria EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 11:57 pm

Need to try and find out more about rules and regulations here. Going into the EU probably one of the worse things a country can do for the agricultural industry. Still need to find out if there is going to be restrictions on keeping livestock within village boundaries.
Back to top Go down
Katie
Admin
Katie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bulgaria   Hello from Bulgaria EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 1:20 am

no problem - we can pretty much source you anything when the time is right for you. That what 'friends' do for eachother! A bit corny I know, but that is the beauty of a forum like this.

Have a good day!

Kate pig
Back to top Go down
carole

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bulgaria   Hello from Bulgaria EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 1:25 am

Hello Rachel,

Welcome from me too, its great to see another new member.

Carole
Back to top Go down
http://www.mangalitzas.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bulgaria   Hello from Bulgaria Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Bulgaria
Page 1 of 1